Slideshow

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Columbus, Texas bike ride

Set out on a Rideabout yesterday in the kind of beautiful town of Columbus Texas and took the following pictures.  Very cool, this being Colorado County is where the very first Texas Rangers come to be in the 1820's  Ten of them to be exact.  You will just have to read on.










Oh, and by the way the reason we are here is to visit the Sister in Law, Linda Johnson.  And a nice visit it has been.  Complete with BBQ




So these next pictures came at a rather significant blow to my self esteem.  After standing on the Bridge for fifteen minutes or so, bending over the railing taking many informative and beautiful pictures, this IS the Colorado River by the way.  Unbeknownst to myself a number of folks had called, or so the Coppers told me later, that there was a jumper on the bridge.  About twenty minutes of constant interrogation and me having to  tell them over and over that I had no idea where I was staying, let alone the address, nor could I remember Linda's last name. ( It is Johnson, I was later told).  Anyway, after running my Drivers License, which I was fortunate to have on my person, they decided that I must be telling the truth and cut me loose.  I guess the dead body that was found a week earlier speculated as a drug or gang thing didn't have anything to do with it.  Anyway enjoy my beautiful pictures of Large Turtles swimming and sunning that you can hardly see.














No comments:

Post a Comment