Slideshow

Thursday, August 15, 2013

FRED

Meet Fred the Roadrunner. He likes to hang out. We don't have anything to feed him that he eats, so I guess its just that he likes to come around to see what's going on.  Quite hilarious, the story behind this picture is that Fred has never come any closer than thirty feet. Except one time walking up to the window to peer inside when he was alone outside.  He has just spent some considerable time hanging around our little spot, mostly chasing other birds away.  Once in a while he bags a fat bug, gets excited  and dashes away at top speed to eat it, maybe a quarter mile away. Lately he has been giving me the old stink eye from atop the Bronco.  But today, he decided to make contact. Lisa was just outside the door working on paperwork  and I had just woke up from my day sleep (working nights and all).  I heard out the door "Fred what are you doing" .  "Go away Fred"  "Fred, go away".  Naturally, I said "who is Fred'?  She said isn't that what you named this bird"?  I said Whaaaat"?  Fred had walked up under her chair and was just slightly freaking Lisa out.  (Note to previous entry about the Deer).  In exasperation she ran inside the trailer.  I took this picture after she had sought shelter.  Here you can see Fred looking kind of smug and self important.  Not in a million years did I think Roadrunners were this cool.  Either that or Lisa is related to Dr. Doolittle.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment