Slideshow

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

One of my Heroes

I love my children equally, but I just got off the phone with my beautiful daughter Leya after a long conversation.  Our talk covered a myriad, or I might say ton of topics.  I consider my self relatively well read, slightly informed and certainly I should be able to keep  up to an uppity twenty two year old who has barely experienced life like I have.  Who am I kidding?  We talked and talked and after each point was raised I was at least humble enough to appreciate the brilliance she demonstrates on so many things and seems to have a much more detailed concept of those subjects that I am capable of.  And gasp, she also possesses an uncompromising moral direction that I like to think she got from me. (Again who am I kidding). And a great big heart with the character to go with it.  I am so proud of her I could bust. And she has given birth to my grand daughter who is shaping up to be so much like her. It is times like this that give me comfort that I have left something worthwhile in this world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment