Slideshow

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sinton, Texas You gotta love it.


So, lisa and I are travelling through Sinton, Texas, (I learned later). One of the many tiny towns that we have affectionately nicknamed "Speed Traps".  And as I am driving through town  trying to look "Natural". Lisa suddenly exclaims "Blogworth Blogworthy" and says "pullover" cuz she wants to take pictures. Shit. So I pull over keeping my head down hissing "hurry up, Jesus". And these are the pics she
 takes.










 A big smile comes over my face and all of this kinds of "Peaks my Interest" as my old Buddy Ellery used to say.  And I thought there has got to be some kind of story here.  My first thought was to call the Convenience Store across the street cause there is no better source than a Conveniance Store clerk as everybody knows.  Truly. Then I did a simple Internet search. And this is what I came up with.

Sinton Sign Captures Dispute Between Sheriff and Resident


Posted: Apr 29, 2014 5:23 PM MDTUpdated: May 05, 2014 5:52 PM MDT

SINTON (Kiii News) -A Sinton man is trying to send a message to the community about San Patricio County Sheriff Leroy Moody. He lives in an old movie theater, and is using the marquee to display his expletive filled message.

The sign reads, "George pack your s*** and get the h*** out of dodge, April 17, 2014, by Sheriff Moody."

George Sosa, 61, said he put the sign up to let people know just what the sheriff told him. When the attention the sign has been getting was pointed out to him, he said, "I would hope so. I hope it goes national. International. I hope he loses his damn job."

The sign is located on Sinton Street. You can't miss it if you're driving through town. Sosa said he has been living in the old movie theater for the past three years, and on April 17, he had an exchange with Sheriff Moody at the local La Tapatia Taqueria, just a few streets away.

Sheriff Moody said he was upset with Sosa because he felt he wasn't dressed appropriately for eating at the taqueria. This is how Sheriff Moody recounted their exchange.

"He said there was a police car last night that was coming by the funeral home, and coming around there by the flag, the Jackson Square, what we call that. He said they didn't have any lights on. He said, 'What were they doing?' And I said, 'Well I don't know George, but it wasn't none of your damn business whatever it was.' I said, 'You know, why don't you just pack your s*** and move to Dallas.' And that's just the way I said it."

Sheriff Moody said he believes that Sosa is violating a city ordinance by living in the theater, but the sheriff also said he is not going to be pressing any charges. He also said this is America, and people have the right to express themselves.

The police chief said he has asked his city attorney and city secretary to look into whether Sosa is violating any city 
ordinances with the sign, and by living in
 the theater.

Mike n' Lisa's quest blog UA-20271220-1 ga(‘set’, ‘&uid’, {{USER_ID}}); // Set the user ID using signed-in user_id.

No comments:

Post a Comment