Slideshow

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Drama Drama Drama.........I hate Drama

      I hate drama passionately.  IT seems to keep finding me but I hate it with both heart and soul.  I don't like the hangover it leaves me with and I don't like the fact that it places a damper on my whole world.


"There are times however, and this is one of them when even being right feels wrong......."

                                                        Excerpted in part, Hunter S. Thompson



    Today is damn cold.  Last night I couldn't sleep because of the heat and humidity and this morning I am sitting with blankets around me and it's under fifty degrees outside.  Gray clouds, wet ground.  I know forties don't sound that bad but couple it with the humidity I was talking about, and it chills to the bone.  Lisa has decided to more or less sleep all of this bad day away.  We had hot biscuits for breakfast and she just went back to bed, covered up in a comforter and started sawing logs.  So I figured Harmonica practice and blogging day.


     
Meet Brutus 3 month old Golden Lab
                                 Kody's new dog, making me remember why I like these guys so much.  Though Kody's schedule could use some improvement.  Brutus eats at 4:30 AM prompt  and an hour later starts nibbling at your toes cuz it's bathroom time.  Even so he's a good dog.



                           Texas hitch hiker trying to sell me Insurance?



                              He held on pretty bravely at 60 mph, doing a couple of 360's until it looked like he blew off.  Couldn't really stop because it was a highway.  Ominous feelings of bad Karma started creeping up on me.  I had one of these as a pet when I was a kid.  Got to the beach and there he was, glued to the side.  Peeled him off and watched him take to the high grass.  Bad Karma gone. Woot.

This is Heritage district in Rockport.  Next to the water. Coffee shops, art galleries and usual stuff.

                         

                                   


Another excellently made movie.  If you don't mind your blood pressure going up a bit.  This is a link to an older flick I haven't watched until recently that explains in surprisingly simple terms the meltdown of 2008 and what has and has not been done about it.  Seems in history every time deregulation of banks allows them to manipulate everybody else's money in order to ensure that only the few get rich,  while others go broke (hint middle class). Oh, also the economy melts down.  Thus requiring a federal bailout to keep those sweet, sweet bonuses coming in. Great Depression, Savings and loan meltdown in the 90's and the Great Recession.  All financial deregulation caused.    Check out why finance counselors were pushing bad investments.  Unbelievable.  Hint just listen to all the deregulation rhetoric for "mom and pop" businesses.  Yeah.


Inside Job



                                    ROCKPORT   BEACH SUNSET AND OTHER PICS









ROCKPORT MARINA PATIENTLY WAITING FOR MY BOAT






I CALL THIS ......... PALM TREE







Beach groomed each night












      I CALL THIS........FISHING PIER!


So, couple of days ago Danny, who's currently working at a gas station, says a Shrimper comes in early AM each morning for coffee.  Asks him if he'd like some fresh shrimp.  Danny, who hates shrimp thankfully said of course, thinking of us.   Danny shows up one morning with about five pounds of it.  At least a pound of it I wasted feeding the fish.  I tried putting it on the hook in every manner possible including tying it.  Each time stripped off in seconds.  Moral of the story:  everything loves shrimp.......except Danny.


HOMELESS GUY ON THE BEACH SHAMELESSLY PROMOTING UNPRODUCTIVE LIFESTYLE.




Other than that it always seems like we are on a hold pattern.  Waiting for a house to sell in order to start looking for something here.  Couple of upsides when the weather gets a little colder is the Mosquitoes thin some and Lisa gets all motivated to start cooking these kinds of things.  So for now, little bit o writing, annoying the general public and yes, eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment