Slideshow

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Just add ten more degrees

    
  
     Whatever the temperature is outside, factor the humidity and add ten more degrees.  So 87 becomes 97 and so on and so on.  But this isn't even June yet and when it becomes August, I don't think that my fingers and toes kind of math will be remotely able to determine the "Hade's" like temperatures that await.   Might have to get an Abacus or something.  Better yet, make Lisa hold still long enough and with our combined forces, (fingers and toes) we should be able to ball park it.

    Did I forget to say she's back from her three week vacation (thank god). Cooking for myself I have zero imagination.  Plus the place was beginning to smell like something.  That's right me.  And I can take that only so long.

   Awakened rather terrifyingly this morning.  Sometime in the middle of the night I heard her mumble, "my body feels like it's morning" and then felt her crawl over me to get to the bathroom.    Her on the inside me on the outside because she hasn't reached that prime of life where unlike myself, she's required to get up and pee six or eight times nightly.  She's a bit of an early riser so this isn't unusual.  So a bit later after drifting off again, a disturbance woke me.  And my first sight in the dim early morning light was Lisa, advancing towards the bed with murderous intent (understand my mind was filling in the blanks here) by her sinister expression and in her hands held as if she were about to strangle someone, me?   I saw a weapon.......a giant can of bug spray.  And before I could scream NO LISA NO she was on the bed moving towards my head but strangely enough looking at a large spot on the ceiling.   A large spot moving very quickly that would be directly over my face in a second or two.   My survival instincts kicked in.....  I said my survival instincts kicked in......kicked in.   And I started to move......really I started to move, gathering momentum now.  "Damn" everything hurts in the morning.  Anyway, she was just chasing one of the giant Cockroaches that sneaks in every now and again.  Together we are a force to be reckoned and that little bugger headed off to bugger heaven.   She said "sorry" and sat back down in front of her computer.

     So I forgave her.  With conditions of course.

     And then in a somber, morose,  melancholic sad little girl voice said "Cody needs to find another job" as she showed me his last FB posting





View post on imgur.com


     Yep, Boy needs to find another job.


      Got my new Passport.  Looks just like my last one only just not the same quality pic.  I always get my Passport pics at Costco.   This one made me look fatter somehow.  Oh well, you get what you pay for.




Took a drive along the beach to cool off.  A couple of cell phone pics.  Turned around when the waves started washing to close.  A fairly decent stretch I was by myself as you can tell by the front and rear view mirror pics.









      In closing thought I'd include an excerpt from a short story I've been working on lord knows how long.  Input appreciated.



      Three months later Trip’s mother passed from the myriad reasons pervading the life of poverty. Her last days spent in a hospital bed.  Organ failure, a bad way to go.  Trip was at her bed when it happened.  Looking down at her peaceful face now so swollen by the drugs they'd given her.  Seeking to find his own resolution.  The dissimilarity of the life of his mother to those of others.  It had been rough but he was grateful for these last couple of years.  That she had experienced the closest to happy he guessed since his father died.   Nevertheless It was heartbreaking. But Loyal was steadfast and rock solid.  Standing next to him at her funeral his comforting hand on his shoulder.   Unaware he would also  lose his best friend. 

    Thought to be a heart attack ICARUS plunged nose first into the ground at near supersonic speed less than a year later. Trip sensed Loyal had been troubled and distant for a while now. Loyal always preached he never believed in Suicide, but also never believed in dying in bed neither.  So having done his level best to die in some other fashion, and lord knows he’d tried, seems he’d finally made a choice taking the lesser of his two personal demons. Trip was by then sixteen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment