Slideshow

Saturday, September 14, 2013

A little Cheese with that Whine

So God finally heard me complaining about the fishing recently and last night it finally paid off.  Killed them from the Jetty.   OK, so lady fish are not all that good eating and I threw them back.  Still excitement enough catching several, of which two were in the three to four pound range.  Amazing fighters and cool when they jump.  I have also watched a couple of twenty something kids catch three Bull reds in a row within a two hour period, all in the thirty plus pound range. Also saw a guy catch a shark from the pier.   Sorry, no pictures again.  Think I am ready for that now.  

Lisa and I are starting to look seriously at boats now too.  As that will be a necessary upgrade over the next couple of years for some serious fishing opportunities.  We were discussing this while riding the ferry to Port Aransas, with the windows down, with a nice salt air breeze, watching the Dolphins play, on a beautiful day as we were returning to our little trailer parked at the beach.  Kind of a tough life but somebody has to do it.

OK, just as I was getting seriously tired of Facebook, what with more politics than jokes coming up, I found myself scheming to get even with Subway.  OK, my beef is simple, so to speak, when I go to Subway once and get my all time favorite, alright everyone's favorite, Bacon, it really torques me when after the server puts a nice generous portion on the sandwich, the schmuck in charge, in front of god and me, removes all but four skinny slices on a twelve inch sandwich.  WTH.  (Clean version).  I asked her what gives?  She says, oh you would like "extra meat" to an extra buck charge of course.  Then she goes on to tell me this is the actual recipe for that sandwich.  Wrong.  I have ate Subway all over the country.  I know this sounds petty.  And I rarely set out to ruin a minimum wage worker's day if you don't count that clown from India who blew a horn in my ear while I was in the process of trying to cancel a credit card.  He's earned a broken nose.  If he ever comes over to the USA and if he ever comes up to me on the street and says, hello, I am the f#&%r from India who blew an air horn in your ear 45 minutes into trying to cancel a "very competitive rate" he told me, card. I am seriously going to punch that guy right in the nose.  Or the guy at Home Depot's evil stink eye look when I said "cheap Chinese crap" as the reason I was returning an item and he told me the computer did not have that category. Anyway, to the point, so in my passive aggressive way I wanted to get even with getting ripped off on the whole bacon thing.  I came up with FACEBOOK.  So I busted her on the Subway Facebook page, just as I have three other Subways.  I know it's petty, but it's my petty and thank you cousin Kate for the trigger fast like.

Couple more wonderful days at the beach and then it will be back to work.  


No comments:

Post a Comment