Slideshow

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Funny light



Looked outside, sure is bright out for 1:00 AM.  All the burning fires from the stacks burning excess gas reflecting off the low lying clouds.  No joke.  Some of these flames look to be thirty feet or more in height. 



So I stepped out with my camera and took a few pictures.  Surreal is an understatement.  I could say that these pictures are a result of camera tricks but they are not.  They depict very nearly accurately what I am seeing.









                                                  And this is the 360 view   







A rhythmic metallic, alrighty I'll say it "hellish" sound is emitting from the Rig.  It goes on 24 seven but is unnoticeable until there is no other sound. Just a steady clanking metal against metal one would hear in an early steam powered factory.  If I were to let my imagination wander just a little, I could easily see a line of horned minions trudging towards me from but a short distance away.  Eyes glowing looking very underworldly. Released from the ground by the Well digging crew, they have climbed out and are coming for me.  Their mission to hold me to account for all of my sins.    One tends to wonder if dystopian scenes like this were the inspiration for early novels.  Or mabe the fire and brimstone sermons some southern religons are known for.  And I would bet scenes like this were common in the early industrial years in cities like Pittsburgh, New York and Chicago before environmental laws came into being.  Yeah it's a little creepy and I am going to think of an excuse to wake up the little woman for awhile.  Least until it get's a little lighter.  God, think what a basket case I will be if I see a UFO.  Thank's for listening and good night. 









No comments:

Post a Comment