Slideshow

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Intellipower 9200

I find myself having to effect more and more repairs of our little Castle, notwithstanding the Camping World fiasco.  Though two of the three repairs were OK.  I paid 139.99 for a "Diagnostic" wherein they apparently figured out the problem.  That fix amounted to nothing more than a little jiggling of wires and the repair lasted less than a day after we returned to our work location..  Faced with the dilemma of returning to Camping World and no doubt arguing whether or not this was a new problem, pay more money and leave or house "at the shop"  Screw it, I turned to Amazon.  for $150.00 I got a 45 Amp Intellipower Unit with Battery Wizard.  


Now all I had to do was get the old one out of here
Which took most of the day.  The old Newmark being four times the size and weight


The new Converter installed.

In addition to providing more Amperage to be used to power more utilities, this Converter also acts as a smart charger.  The old Converter provided a constant trickle.  Too little if on the road and only on shore power or a generator.  And too much if hooked to shore power for extended periods easily cooking the Battery dry.  The Battery Wizard here

Where I elected to hide it behind a cupboard door senses if the battery is fully charged and when parked on a short term basis has a booster function at the touch of a button to charge the battery faster.  Cool huh?  The job was more intimidating than it actually was.  The hardest part getting the old monster out amid a jumble of wires.   In effect there are only three wires and the Battery Wizard to install when the mess is all sorted out.  Newer modernized fuse boxes are made to go with these but honestly, the old one seems to work just fine.  Because there would be AC to deal with the DC, I think changing out the fuses would have been much more daunting

I was hoping to get a little more formal training on RV repair but I am probably halfway there with the issues I have dealt with to date.  Probably the most helpful has been the illustrated YouTube videos  Just thought I would share this little experience with likely an Eskimo, yes an Eskimo in, Let's see GREENLAND.  Probably the only other person to read this Post  Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment