Slideshow

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dose of Reality St. Paddy's Day in Austin

Lisa and I do not tend to spook real easily.  Both of us having experienced our share of unpleasant situations for many years in a past life.  We were released from our last gig two days ago.  Usually, I can do this stuff standing on my head.  This time though, between the really inclement weather and getting sick at the same time I finished up feeling like my butt had been kicked pretty good.  So back to Austin, hoping for the end of South by Southwest but having to settle for St. Paddy's day.  We went downtown, I suspect to the area where the three folks had been killed by the Dirtbag running from the Cops, No let me rephrase that Pre Crispy Fried.  Because that is what he deserves and hopefully likely to get.  God Bless Texas. I am sick to the point of throwing up about hearing of these guys poor home lives and head traumas they may have had.  I just want to hear when he is put down. Anyway,  this is a Big City.   I like many  others  think homeless folks deserve some kind of break. The situation handled in a humane manner  Particularly the Vets, which a substantial number of them are.  Lest one forget however, many of these folks are unstable, mentally ill or addicted.  And in fact dangerous in the right circumstance. On this last point we arrived downtown in the Sixth Street area about ninish and pulled into an apartment building parking lot..  A pathetic looking likely homeless guy was caught in our headlights crossing in front of us.  The angle that I was driving probably looked to the guy like I was tracking him but I wasn't and I stopped to let him pass in front. When I first saw the guy, it looked like he was adjusting a pad of some kind on his hip.  It wasn't a pad.  Probably thinking he was about to be attacked  he was in defense, and not offense mode as I saw the flash of a Kbar size knife flash under his jacket.  He didn't directly display it and momentarily glared at us, then scurried away.    He was about six feet away and Lisa did not see it.  Both of our windows down and door unlocked.  The action happened so fast that, frankly there wasn't time for action.  This occurred right after witnessing another drunk driver tearing up the wrong way on a one way.  We mulled the events over for a few minutes wondering if this was a bad karma night but decided to get out and wander anyway.   I won't even mention the crazy black guy following us to our car mouthing unintelligible sounds and swinging his arms.  Oh, I mentioned that didn't I?  Soooo...

This is really an awesome area.  It reminds me of Bourbon street in New Orleans.


             For Dustin.  Getcher wandering shoes on Boy.





Street View





Geeeeez why does she like closeups.  This is actually the best pic of me.  The Sons of Anarchy shirt had a Four Leaf Clover on it.  Sooooo, any other questions?




I got this Pic of Lisa as she was trying to escape. Hehe.
\


She decides to Pose







                                                                     Kind of getting into it.



Oooohhhh Lights








   

                                                                                        Coooooollll



And that about sums up our night.  We went to a bar a lot closer to home.  I had a couple of IPA's and a shot of Irish Whiskey.  Thoroughly kind of trashed as being near sixty tends to make one a cheap date again.  Lisa drove us home.  Happy St. Paddy's Day.  Yeah there were a lot of folks in costumes and what have you that we could have taken pics of but we know how that probably would have turned out.   See you on the Boat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment