Slideshow

Friday, March 25, 2016

Downsizing

A visitor.   So I shooed him off and moved.








Anyways, first things first.  Given the crazy costs of anything Health care related, I thought I might reduce the possibility of our breaking our asses, or any such other appendages.  

Since I have been bragging about this location awhile now.  It's so cheap to live here I've compared it to the kids as "like living with the folks" .  Rent, cable internet and all of the other utilities is just south of a couple of hundred bucks.  Not only picturesque, if one takes reasonable care, the freedom to pound a few nails and operate some power tools.  Old guy Nirvana.  Anything resembling this would have been verboten at some of the previous locations.  So I got busy. A trip to Lowes and about a hundred and forty dollars later.  Lord if I could only cut a straight line.








                           Princess Inspection





Start to finish, I got about a hundred and forty bucks into it.  Hardware store down the highway want six hundred for one pretty similar to this.




     We are fixing up our digs here because now it's official, we'll be spending a whole lot more time around here.  Lisa got us quit fired again.  Truth be told, after a couple of years of it I'm really not going to miss the work.  Financially, we certainly aren't rich but the financial damage is manageable.  There certainly are a lot of options to return to some kind of work but for now I'd like to just consider myself retired.


          So I've been dealing with some frightening dizziness lately.  Turns out not so much a health as a hygiene issue.  Yeah I get the self diagnosis bit, but I did have some medical help because we decided to make contact with the physician designated by our insurance. .  First conversation with a doctor in a long time as he poked his light sabery tool into my ears complaining he couldn't see anything.  Guess Q tips pack rather than remove wax.  Deeeerrrr.

Some commercial stuff and a few days later problem solved.  Well, mostly.  Doc also diagnosed me as medically fat.  What the hell!!!.  Somehow this wasn't much of a surprise as I'd already joined a gym.  Lisa and I are back on the wagon and I got weighed again for the blood work part.  Lost seven pounds.  Only one million to go.

     It's not like there isn't a lot going on.  I've been a bit preoccupied these days with a few other matters.  But to catch up. Lisa and I have gotten involved with the Democrats around here.  Fledgling bunch for sure and certainly one would think hopeless this deep in Texas.  But they seem to be a hardy bunch and attending the meetings has been anything if not enjoyable and informative.   Lisa managed to get herself selected as one of the Delegates to attend the State Convention in San Antonio this June.  Of course I'll be there serving as "Lovely Assistant".  
    
     She doesn't know it yet but I am fully intending to attend a week long Blues Harmonica workshop somewhere, possibly in Mississippi next year. 

   And finally, last week we got a call from the Nephew Dustin that himself along with his DSO Tiffany were heading this way.  A spring Break trip bringing them nearly 1800 miles from Twin.  So they camped on our porch, enjoyed Texas BBQ, the weather and Mosquitoes for two days and toured our little tropical area down here.  Weather was awesome, low eighties and high seventies.  A couple of Pics.




     So for all intents and purposes I have chosen to hide this blog.  That really wasn't the choice it just kinda happened.  Anybody to read this, there have been numerous posts, just not showing up on FB anymore.  So I'm going to resolve this issue and make it available to people I think might be interested.  My apologies.


          Frogs that sound like Geese
    





No comments:

Post a Comment