Slideshow

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Healthy living

   So flouting my state of denial. the amount of weight that is, I have gained over the past couple of years certainly has consequences. Refusing to weigh myself.  Should have gotten a clue when every picture I posted of myself dropped to the bottom of the page.  So this blog very well may just be devoted to our inspiration to lose that weight.  Following a trip to the doc's and having to finally get up onto a scale.  Quite the Oh shit moment for both of us.  

  That was nearly three weeks ago and we have both cleaned up our eating substantially.  My aggregate loss has been seven pounds and Lisa three.  Though I suspect she has lost roughly what I have because she was weighed only five days apart , whereas myself a couple of weeks.  We'd also forgotten that it was in fact kind of fun creating healthier dishes.  We had home made Crayfish Etouff'e last night.  Since this is Viking night  it's likely it will be something easier.

   I completed blood work though I have yet to convince Lisa to do hers.  Somebody with more clout than I should give her a call.  Surprisingly, even I thought a good chance existed I might be diabetic, but according to my number 91, not even close.  And that was the same number the last blood work I had about six years ago was.  Once again (I say with great confidence) absolutely, positively expounding upon the great health benefits of cheap red wine, my liver and kidneys seem to be the healthiest organs in my body.  Course probably why I've quite possibly packed on some extra el bees too.  Hmmm, the diabolical......ness of it all.


  Got signed up and approved for my SS.  Looking forward to a little bit of relief having to watch every penny.  Go figure, hard lesson learned.  Whereas I thought I'd have my check in the  mail on the first day of June following that  62nd Birthday, the federal government has their own way of conducting business.  Namely, to receive that first check for June, I won't get it until the last of July.

Our skinnier days.


                  Get this out of your head after listening to it.  Anyway, I got the Harmonica part down pretty good.




            A smattering of old pics I came across








                                                 Goodnight


No comments:

Post a Comment