Slideshow

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Saratoga, Wyoming



Beating the Man one Campsite after another.


Free Hot Springs Saratoga


When most people, including myself in years past go camping, they tend not to live in their Travel Trailer as we do.  Preparations before and the work unpacking whatever vessel you happen to be sleeping in ritualistically signals the difference between coming home and the end of Vacation.  While we, on the other hand view the same scenery indoors wherever we land.  Get's to be a little bit weird.  I've looked out of this same door at illegal Hispanics when we were camped so close to the border it could be counted in yards.  To the beautiful Gulf Coast Beaches where we watched Tugs and Tanker Ships cruise by, sometimes withing shouting distance. And now We've been seeing  the Mountains and Rivers in Colorado and Wyoming. The possibility exists that I may get the opportunity to look out on Denali next year.  Or see Orca's in some Alaskan Sound from this same old RV door.  But our television is located just below the Clock like it always is.  And my clothes are in the same overhead Cubby and small Closet. Thanks to Lisa cleaned and washed regularly. So for us, no line exists between coming home and unpacking.   All of our possessions go from one campsite to the next.  (Believe me, certainly enough to take notice whilst trying to get over an eleven thousand foot pass).  


So it's dark, early evening and a pretty strong wind just blew through here cooling us down from out long drive.  Expecting the lows to be about fifty.  We're in a secluded spot several miles from the highway and although we're not alone,  (A couple of other campers)  It's quiet as a mouse out there.  With only one meal today, I was about to crack a little tin of Smoked Oysters.  Then I realized, this may be Bear country.  Worse yet, Grizzly Bear Habitat.  Best to forego the Oysters methinks.  And though I miss the evenings of quiet contemplation of the past two years such as I'm enjoying now, usually while Lisa sleeps and I'm alone.  A more frequent occurrence when we were working in the Oilfields camped out in so many different areas of the Eagle Ford.  But instead, the days, one could argue are limited, are filled with other things.  

Not everyone would enjoy our life.  

People choose their path, even in this lifestyle.  For instance today I chatted with a guy travelling the Country from Dallas.  He's invested a lot of money in a massive "Class A" pulling a late model economy car.  There's no denying their evenings are spent in much more luxurious surroundings.  That is until they step out the door. Packed like Sardines  in the few 50 Amp pull through spots one can find. So he'll gladly pay his fifty bucks a night.  He'd play hell getting here.  Where Lisa carefully calculates the number of wooden blocks under the wheels in order for us to level and stabilize our trailer.  All for the sake of the damn refrigerator that requires a perfectly level platform to operate. We could have pulled right out to the rocky beach of the river. 

Below, an escapee from the nearby pasture.  We notified the people we could.  He was a little upset and beat up.  Soon disappeared in the brush.  Thankfully we are several miles from the highway.  He wasn't about to be captured right away.



Tonight the above pics are taken just a couple of miles out of Saratoga, Wyoming.  Down and dirt road a couple of miles to a beautiful wooded area alongside the North Platte River.  And did I mention it was free.  Compliments of this site Free Camping.  We've only expended about seventy bucks so far on Campsites.  We boondocked for nine days outside Salida, CO.  I'm more than confident that we'll be expending very little on paid camp sites.  We may stay a day or a week.  But tomorrow morning after breakfast, We'll be heading into town for a soak in the free Hot Tubs.  


We just drove from Caspar.  Couple of pleasant days meeting with Lisa's sister Linda, her Niece Summer and family.  Because Lisa forgot to take pictures.  I got into trouble because I took video's of the Cool Dog Australian Shepard "Cornelius" and the Macaw "Eeooo".  Guess I got that right.  She's the people person.  I'm just the "Squirrel" .  So I sputtered out my "yes Dear's and I'm sorrys"  So's not to get into too much trouble.   But Summer and her Husband Jeramiah run a Restaurant at the Golf Course in Caspar.  Here's a link to their Face Book page.   Caddie Shack.   We only had lunch there, but I can vouch the prime rib sandwich was the best I'd ever had.  If you are ever in Caspar, Wyoming. Anyways.  Oh yeah, Cornelius the Dog





We were literally playing catch by the way.  I'm just not good enough to video it.  Cornelius hit the pig so hard that several times it just bounced straight back to my hand.   This video may not work outright and need some work.  I'll get it fixed.









No comments:

Post a Comment