Slideshow

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Best Friends


Best Friends, inseparable since we got here.
OK Lisa is smoking but it's outside.

   

    Five hundred mile drive from Idaho to Hawthorne yesterday.  This is the last Go-To destination and one most looked forward to.  We beat the weather that was supposed to be winds up to sixty and who knows how much rain.  Me a bundle of Nerves, but Lisa along the way she just kept singing "Going to see my Girls".

    Once here, I got to catch up with my Daughter who I haven't seen for a year and Hermit out and enjoy Lasgna from Cody and Enchiladas Leya made.  Meanwhile Lisa and Piffy fall into the same routines they get so much enjoyment from.  I can't even remember when it all  started.  When Apiphany was born I suspect.  However, the things they do and extract so much enjoyment from involves making my Coffee, spritzing my bed for may nap and bringing me all kinds of treats like Cookies and toast.  And  like women everywhere, they also accompany one another to the John.  Each and every time during our stay here.  Lord knows one doesn't want to get accused of interference here with that.

    But they watch movies together, and  must dress for the theme such as Elsa in Frozen and of course the ever popular Easter Egg Hunt that occurs every visit despite the month. 

  There's much more but that's all I can think of just right now.   It's just the way it is.  And will be with, God willing, any other Grandbaby's she's so wanting to happen.

     But aside from the obvious smiles on their faces.  There is something else there that I just love.  Because with Lisa there's never enough.  Never too much dealing with a four year old's tempermental fits. Changing Diapers or wiping snot away.  She's a hands on Grandma. It's never time for somebody to come pick her up.  She enjoys it all.   They both do.  And that says something about the Woman I married.  Such a smooth transition from Mother to Grandmother. One of the best in my opinion.  A Grandma like this is a force of Nature that it's a Crime to deprive a child of.  I hope that never happens.

     Lisa says to me that she thinks wherever we've visited, We've improved things somewhat.  If not just with our company.  I think she's right. But once again it's difficult to accept credit for something I'm only maybe ten percent of.  

     Tuesday we're out of here.  Off to Arizona.  Trying to stall in order to give the temps a chance to cool off some.  Guess we'll figure it out Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment